Friends of Scouting 2018
Friends of Scouting is an annual direct-solicitation campaign reaching out to Scout families, service organizations, and businesses, and is the largest source of income for the Susquehanna Council. To the Council, a 501(c) 3 charitable organization, it costs more than $250 per year to provide quality programming for each Scout. We ask that all who would like to support Scouting in the Susquehanna Valley would consider donating $250 (a Family Membership).
What does a Friends of Scouting investment provide?
- Local programs and activities throughout the council territory
- Camp scholarships
- A Scout Service Center that coordinates Scouting activities and provides customer service to members
- Accident and liability insurance to protect both youth and adult members
- Professional staff who counsel, guide, and inspire volunteer leadership
- Camp Karoondinha, a year-round camping facility available for Scouts and partner organizations
- Advancement programs where Scouts are recognized for learning and achievement of goals they’ve set
- Distribution and development of literature and training materials
- Leadership training for young people and adult volunteers who are or will become community leaders
Where and How to Invest
There are a few great ways to support the Susquehanna Council, BSA with a Friends of Scouting Contribution. Consider the following options:
1. Contact Program Secretary Cecelia Joyce, (570) 326-5121 ext. 106 to contribute over the phone.
2. Attend a Friends of Scouting, Scout Family Presentation near you. Click on the county where you live to email our District Executives about presentations near you:
We’d welcome you to attend a presentation of the Friends of Scouting campaign, as it often coincides with recognition ceremonies for adults and youth in our program! We hold these in every community in the district throughout the year.