Outdoor programs are one of the methods by which Scouting teaches character development, citizenship training, and personal fitness. Camping is fun and involves problem solving, project management, critical thinking, and team leadership skills. Scouts can participate in a resident camp experience at Camp Karoondinha or day camps held at various locations in our five county service area.
2021 “Not Your Typical Summer Camp”–Camp in a Box
Thank you to everyone who participated in last year’s Camp in a Box! We were able to serve 500 scouts and 100 adult leaders through the program. If you are a scout who is still working to complete partial Merit Badges, please work with your Troop leadership to get connected with a local counselor. WE WILL BE OFFERING CAMP IN A BOX IN 2021 – DETAILS COMING IN APRIL!
Changes to Camp K
The Susquehanna Council Camping Committee, with an abundance of caution for Scouts attending Camp Karoondinha this year, and changes required due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, has made the difficult decision to reduce the number of weeks offered at Camp K. This decision was made because of multiple factors:
- Multiple school districts have extended their current school year which caused the Council to move Staff training a week later this year. This provides the Council the opportunity to hire the best candidates to make your Scout’s week the best it can be.
- The Council has been impacted by COVID in that many units who traditionally attend Camp Karoondinha from other Councils have notified the Council that they will not be traveling as far from home due to potential quarantines and travel restrictions.
- We want to provide the safest camping experience for your Scout, as part of our plan to ensure camper safety at Camp K we would impose a limit on the number of Scouts in Camp at a given time. Camp K will have a weekly cap on attendance for its remaining two weeks of Scouts BSA resident camp at 175 Scouts per session.
We have also decided that in order to ensure that all Susquehanna Scouts who wish to have a summer camp opportunity will have the ability, Out-of-Council registrations will not be accepted at this time, and will instead be put on a waitlist. Additionally the deposit period for camp will be extended till April 2nd for Scouts to reserve their spot at Summer Camp.
2021 Summer Resident Camp
Reservations for the 2021 Summer Resident Camping Program at Camp Karoondinha are now open! Please work with your Pack or Troop leadership to let them know that you want to go to Camp K! If you are a Unit Leader ready to place your deposit ($25 per youth), please click the Registration Button below.
- Staff Development Week: June 20 – 26
- Week A (Scouts BSA): June 27 – July 3
- Week B (Scouts BSA): July 4 – 10
- Staff Development for Cub Scouts & Webelos: July 11 – 13
- Week C (Cub Scouts): July 13 – 16 [Tuesday Start] and Webelos July 13 – 18
Why has the start of Cub Scout Sessions moved to Tuesday?
By starting our Cub Scout Sessions on Tuesday, we are able to provide more time to the staff to develop and implement a high-quality program geared specifically towards Cub Scouts. Additionally, by starting mid-week, we are able to use the weekend as part of our program time. This will result in our leaders not having to use as much PTO or vacation time in order to spend time up at camp with their scouts
Camp K Brick Program
In 2018, a brick patio was installed in front of the Camp Karoondinha Trading Post. Support “Camp K” with the purchase of a Memorial Brick! Download the brochure here!