Outdoor programs are one of the methods by which Scouting teaches character development, citizenship training, and personal fitness. Camping is fun and involves problem solving, project management, critical thinking, and team leadership skills. Scouts can participate in a resident camp experience at Camp Karoondinha or day camps held at various locations in our five county service area.
2022 Summer Resident Camp
Reservations for the 2022 Summer Resident Camping Program at Camp Karoondinha are now open! Please work with your Pack or Troop leadership to let them know that you want to go to Camp K! If you are a Unit Leader ready to place your deposit ($50 per youth), please click the Registration Button below.
- Staff Development Week: June 18 – 23
- Week 1 (Cub Scouts): Cub Scouts AND Webelos arrive June 25. Cubs depart June 27. Webelos depart morning of June 30.
- NYLT and Trades week: July 4 – 9
- Scouts BSA Week 1: July 10-16
- Scouts BSA Week 2: July 17 – 23
Why has the start of Cub Scout Sessions moved to Saturday?
By starting our Cub Scout Session on Saturday, we are able to provide more time to the staff to develop and implement a high-quality program geared specifically towards Cub Scouts. Additionally, by starting on the weekend, Cub Scout parents will not have to use to use as much PTO or vacation time in order to spend time up at camp with their scouts.
2022 CAMP K Planning Guides
Changes to Camp K
The Susquehanna Council Camping Committee, with an abundance of caution for Scouts attending Camp Karoondinha this year, and changes required due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, has made the difficult decision to reduce the number of weeks offered at Camp K. This decision was made because of multiple factors:
- Multiple school districts have extended their current school year which caused the Council to move Staff training a week later this year. This provides the Council the opportunity to hire the best candidates to make your Scout’s week the best it can be.
- The Council has been impacted by COVID in that many units who traditionally attend Camp Karoondinha from other Councils have notified the Council that they will not be traveling as far from home due to potential quarantines and travel restrictions.
- We want to provide the safest camping experience for your Scout, as part of our plan to ensure camper safety at Camp K we would impose a limit on the number of Scouts in Camp at a given time. Camp K will have a weekly cap on attendance for its remaining two weeks of Scouts BSA resident camp at 175 Scouts per session.
Camp K Brick Program
In 2018, a brick patio was installed in front of the Camp Karoondinha Trading Post. Support “Camp K” with the purchase of a Memorial Brick! Download the brochure here!