The counties served by the Susquehanna Council have recently been moved into the “yellow phase” of Governor Wolf’s plan to re-open Pennsylvania. Although this will allow scout groups to begin meeting in person again, there are some guidelines and steps that must be taken first. Before any in-person meetings can begin, you will need the permission of your Charter Organization and meeting host (if different). You will also need to follow all state guidelines while they remain in place. These include:
- No more than 25 people can be in attendance
- Large Troops will have to get creative and meet as Patrols or break into a smaller group. Multiple rooms will be needed because each group will need to meet separately
- Large Packs will not be able to have Pack Meetings if over 25. May need to look at having an additional week of Den meetings.
- Disinfect/sanitize the meeting area before/after meeting/events including tables, chairs, doorknobs, restrooms, floors, etc.
- Require anyone who has or thinks they have any symptoms to not attend the meeting
- Maintain social distancing (minimum of 6 feet)
- Wear masks
- Question everyone before they enter the meeting location regarding any fever, chills, etc. If there are any, person is not allowed to enter.
- PA Dept. of Health recommended holding meetings outdoors if possible. Easier to handle sanitizing. Social Distancing and masks would still be required.
If you have any questions on these guidelines, please let us know. We would like to thank all units who continued scouting during this time and who will continue to do their best as regulations continue to change daily.