Want to support Camp K?
Karoondinha: “The Land of Shining Waters”
Camp Karoondinha (also known as “Camp K”), a Scouting tradition since 1933, is owned and operated by the Susquehanna Council, Boy Scouts of America, and is located on more than 400 acres in western Union County along Penn’s Creek, approximately 15 minutes from the borough of Mifflinburg.
The camp is utilized during the summer season for the Susquehanna Council’s Cub Scout and Scouts BSA resident camping programs. Camp K is fully nationally accredited by the Boy Scouts of America and remains one of Central Pennsylvania’s finest camping facilities, including:
- 11 campsites with tent platforms, latrines, and water
- five cabins that can be used year-round
- an air-conditioned dining hall with sound system, projection capabilities and industrial furnished kitchen
- 2 modern individual shower and restroom buildings (handicap accessible)
- an air-conditioned trading post (with handicap accessible air-conditioned restrooms)
- a swimming pool complex
- a lake for boating and water sports
- over 5 miles of marked hiking trails (click HERE for a trail map)
- a COPE course (being renovated for the 2020 season)
- a state-of-the-art health lodge
- a non-denominational outdoor chapel
- numerous program areas and pavilions with lighting and electricity
Camp Karoondinha is located near Glen Iron, Pa. and has acres of forest and Penn’s Creek bordering our camp. Camp Karoondinha is dedicated to offering Scouts the chance to experience the beauty of the out-of-doors in a variety of ways including summer resident camping programs, all-year camping opportunities and various activities held at camp. These facilities are for use by Scouts and Scouters from the Susquehanna Council and visiting units from outside our Council. Non-Scouting groups are also welcome to utilize our facilities. Click here for more information on rentals.
“Down along a stream called Penn’s Creek, There’s a place for me. Camp Karoondinha I love thee, Pledge my loyalty. To the Scout Oath and the Scout Law, True I’ll always be. Camp Karoondinha I love thee, Pledge my loyalty.”